Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ulaganayagan Kamal 50 - Day 1 Part 1

First it all started with the red carpet welcome for the guests and there was very short interview with most of them asking few questions about Kamal haasan.. it was either what character of Kamal haasan you like, which character in kamal haasan's movie you like and which film would you remake if given a chance.. This day had many artists speaking.. some of them whom I could remember are Shantanu, Poornima Bhagyaraj, dance master Raghuram, Gayathri Raghuram, Ajmal, Jai, Myskin, Anu Haasan, Pandiarajan...

Popular work in every decade

The show was made in such a way that Kamal Haasan's popular movie's clippings were put in the AV and most important thing is these were categorised with every decade he had worked. the people who spoke about this was also the popular person of that decade.... they come to stage and speak about Kamal Haasan and their experience with Kamal. It all started from 1960s and went on with few of the industry people speaking on the occasion. I liked the way this was organised and AV was even opt..

Vijay TV's Hosts

Gopinath was hosting the show to an extent.. His trademark talk kept the show moving but I could say he did not had time to be on stage most of the time.. he was introducing few people and going off.. I think these days Gopinath is the first preferred host in Vijay TV. Other hosts were Ramya and DD.. they were mostly interacting with the guest who were given red carpet welcome.. DD had a lifetime opportunity to speak with superstar Rajinikanth and ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan together..she asked about the Sivaji film's dialog "naan kamal haasan mathiri vellaya irukenla". Kamal answer to that was really too good.. he said, "I know whats the color inside and outside color does not matter. Everyone is trying to get white color inside but its not easy to do that".

Sarathkumar's Welcome note

I think supreme star Sarathkumar was present in the show and even in the stage with Kamal, Rajini and other language super stars. It must be because Sarath is the south Indian film association leader. I agree he is a very good actor but I was not so happy with him on the stage alongside with Rajini, Kamal, Mohan Lal, Mammuty, Venkatesh. Sarath kumar's welcome note was okay, in one instance he said.. "I can act for 100 years also"..

1960s

Madavan's Anbe Sivam - Actor Madavan and a kid were conversing about the Kamal Haasan. His conversation was referring to Anbe Sivam movie and it was very interesting to listen to that conversation. It started with 1960s of Kamal..

AVM Saravanan - AVM Saravanan who has been in the industry for such a long time and he is been given the first preference by everyone in most of the functions. This day even was AVM Saravanan to start with. He said ” Kamal as a kid came to me and wanted to act in a movie. I took him to my father AV Meyyappa chettiar(AVM). On seeing Kamal, he moved the Lamp to his face and said ‘This guy is going to act in our next movie’. I said 'we have already booked someone else'. So, my father was the first person to show light to Kamal"

Saroja devi - Kamal is my handsome kid


1970s

Jeyaram - Actor Jeyaram came into the stage to speak about Kamal Haasan's films in 1970s. He invited K Balachander and Sivakumar for the same. Jeyaram said "I can proudly say that before Tamil industry found Kamal as a hero, it was Malayalam film industry who introduced Kamal as Hero.In my college days I used to do some mimicry like Kamal and got my first award for the same. I hap opportunity to act with Kamal in 4 movies and I am very much proud of that".

K Balachander - “Kamal keeps telling that I’m his guru, but, even if I have not brought him, he would have become a star by now. He is more like a Yugapurush, None was there before and none would come in future".

Sivakumar - ” I am very happy and proud of my brother. I pray the almighty to wish him all the very best"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being a Dr.Kamal Hassan Fan, certainly i must thankful to Vijay TV for such a great show. Also i like to register my thanks to Mr.Gobinath for his wonderful presentation with his lovely words.

THANKS A LOT

C.GANAPATHI ARUNACHALAM
SINGAPORE

 
koffee with anu super singer jodi no 1 anu alavum bayam illai celebrating kamal's 50 vijay tv vanga pesalam kallikaattu pallkoodam maharani vijay awards vpl en peyar meenakshi yuvan vijay tv anchors kings of comedy