Sunday, June 21, 2009

Interview with VJ Ramya



I found this interview with VJ Ramya floating in the internet and its almost a year old now..
-By Ergo Correspondent

Your dad is a lawyer, what made you take up VJing as a career?

I always aspired to choose a different career path, not sticking to the usual professions like medicine, law, engineering, etc. After passing out of 12th standard, I planned to pursue fashion designing in UK. I even went there to check out the different colleges but my parents were not comfortable with sending me abroad. I landed up doing Viscom in MOP and here I am as a VJ.

What is the secret behind your successful stint as a VJ?

Dedication and hardwork. I am a person who is very passionate about my profession and give it the utmost priority. I believe in the saying, “Do your best and God will do the rest.” I proudly call myself a Vijay TV product.

Tell us about one of your most unforgettable VJing experience

Once, while shooting for a celebration episode of Kallaka Povadhu Yaaru 4, Badava Gopi was the chief guest. He came up on stage and shook my hands and kept on pulling my leg when the camera was rolling. Spontaneously I managed the situation and made it look like a comic situation. It was hilarious and we all enjoyed it.

The one thing you would advice aspiring VJs?

Try to be original and do not ape existing VJs. Confidence is the key, and forget the myth that VJs should speak more of English and less of tamil. Be yourself and convey what you want to with clarity.

Compliments which you cherish

I had compered for the audio release of ‘Kuselan’ and ‘Superstar’ Rajini sir, who is always my star, came up to me and complimented my tamil. That is one moment which I will cherish forever. Also I has gone abroad to host a show for the film ‘Periyar’ and I had to give utmost importance to my tamil diction. Sathyaraj sir complimented my efforts.

No comments:

 
koffee with anu super singer jodi no 1 anu alavum bayam illai celebrating kamal's 50 vijay tv vanga pesalam kallikaattu pallkoodam maharani vijay awards vpl en peyar meenakshi yuvan vijay tv anchors kings of comedy