Wednesday, June 10, 2009

TV leads Internet and newspapers in attracting movie goers

TV has gradually taken up a leadership position over the print media in attracting movie buffs, suggests a research initiative carried out by, a social networking portal dedicated to movie enthusiasts. The research aims to gain insights into the movie viewing behaviour (MVB) of the Indian youth. According to the research, 78 per cent of the audience are passive information receptor on movies since they are exposed to exhaustive movie promotions by different media while the remaining 22 per cent are active information seekers. Referring to the information tools, the results suggested that 80 per cent was being targeted by television followed by 11 per cent by print media, four per cent via Internet, three per cent family influence and one per cent each by radio trailers respectively.

No comments:

koffee with anu super singer jodi no 1 anu alavum bayam illai celebrating kamal's 50 vijay tv vanga pesalam kallikaattu pallkoodam maharani vijay awards vpl en peyar meenakshi yuvan vijay tv anchors kings of comedy