Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Interview With Akila - Leena (Rojakootam)

With different roles in three serials, Akila feels she has more scope to exhibit her acting skills. As a phobic in 'Sivashakthi' on Sun TV, and a sexually abused woman in 'Rojakootam' on Vijay TV, Akila chooses her project with utmost care. "People should relate with my characters easily and I want to do quality projects," opines Akila, whose first serial was Selvi.

"One of my friends was into acting and I wondered why I couldn't try and that’s how everything happened," says the 22-year-old artiste. "In Sivashakthi my character is entire ly different. I am so close to my parents, a caring wife but behave indifferently with my in-laws. So, I have to change my facial expressions accordingly," says Akila, who has also acted in films. "I get offers in films too. Recently, I acted in 'Thiruvannamalai' as Arjun's sister and also as Dhanush's sister in 'Polladhavan'," points out Akila, who along with her friend runs Ideas Seller, an event management company.

"I am talkative but I say something that makes sense. I observe people and adapt good qualities from them," she defines herself. "Serials like 'Malargal' and 'Bhandham' gave me a lot of scope for acting and people recognised me with those character names. I learnt different dimensions to acting through Bhandham,” she says. "I play a substantial role in 'Rojakootam'. It’s a story about five women and I am one of the women, Leena, living happily with her husband. For others in the apartment, Leena and Sanjay are an ideal couple but Leena has a hidden past. She had been sexually harassed and had been tortured and tormented in her childhood. She hides the past from her husband," briefs Akila about her character. She's also equally busy in modeling for ad films. "I'm not confined to one particular thing. Whatever projects come my way, I do that with dedication," says the confident girl.

Courtesy - Indian Express

No comments:

 
koffee with anu super singer jodi no 1 anu alavum bayam illai celebrating kamal's 50 vijay tv vanga pesalam kallikaattu pallkoodam maharani vijay awards vpl en peyar meenakshi yuvan vijay tv anchors kings of comedy