Thursday, October 30, 2008

3 Eliminated, 18 On..

This week's Airtel Super Singer saw 3 contestants being eliminated in competitive rounds and now we have 18 contestants moving for the next round. Bharathiraja, Vipin & Malthy - people who are eliminated in this round. Yesterday's show started with Prasanna & Vijay Narayanan, both were too good and got selected for the next round. Then, there was a special performance by Ravi with "Thanni thotti thedi vantha" from Sindhu Bhairavi. Deepshika, Renu were even good as always. When Chinmayi asked for the judges for elimination, 6 ppl were called initially. I thought they are going to take one out and make the toll to 20 for the next round. But, those 6 were wait listed candidates and out of which 2 RAC candidates were even there. All of the 6 were selected for the next round and for a moment I thought that there are no elimination being done... Then judge Srinivas called for 3 contestants and immediately told they are eliminated. I felt lil bad when Bharthiraja was eliminated because I felt he sung better than Aravind & Gobalakrishnan (RAC Candidates).

I really donno whats happening in Airtel Super Singer for quite some weeks. Suddenly 4 contestants who were eliminated in previous rounds were brought into the competitive rounds. Prasanna, Aravind, Gobalakrishnan & Vipin. Out of these 4, I remember Prasanna was in last 30 and I dont remember when were others eliminated. I guess Vipin was in top 50-60 but other 2 I have not seen them performing. Now, out of these Vipin is out from top 18 but other 3 still in the race. Prasanna was always good but he had only problem of immitating the original song. With his exception, I feel Super Singer had been under some influence which brings a bitter taste. If similar incidents continue I guess the whole show will be a fixed event & I am not sure whether I will continue watching it. Lets see what happens..

No comments:

 
koffee with anu super singer jodi no 1 anu alavum bayam illai celebrating kamal's 50 vijay tv vanga pesalam kallikaattu pallkoodam maharani vijay awards vpl en peyar meenakshi yuvan vijay tv anchors kings of comedy